Morning Worship – “The Savior of the World”
Happy Reformation Day everyone! Join as this Sunday as we sing some good reformation-era hymns and gather around the word to hear about our magnificent savior. Hear the delight of the woman by the well, who rejoices not only over her own salvation—no, for that would be too small a thing—hear her proclaim the salvation of the world!
Passages for Meditation
- 8:1-3. The law is given to test us and to humble us. Consider the commandments, and the ways in which we have failed our Lord. Let the law humble your heart.
- Sermon text: John 4:27-42. Compare and contrast the response of the disciples with that of the Samaritans.
Questions for Consideration
- Revelation warns us about “forgetting our first love” (2:4). Hear the excitement and the testimony of the Samaritan woman. Have you forgotten the joy of your salvation?
- What actions and desires manifest your joy in Christ? Where do you see signs of apathy? What should joy lead you to do?
Hymns for Proclamation
- 92 – A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- 411 – Shine Thou Upon Us Lord
- 168 – I Greet Thee Who my Sure Redeemer Art
We are worshipping this evening as a Presbytery for Reformation Sunday. Meet at Proclamation Presbyterian at 7pm. Details here.