In preparation for our Morning Worship Service, please follow these instructions to enter the webinar.
As a quick reminder, our service will be a half an hour Zoom webinar. The service begins at 10:00 AM but feel free to join early at 9:45 AM. Please remember to print out the bulletin in advance. To print the bulletin, please see the email from Rebecca.
Additionally, at 9:58, we will play a recording of O For A Thousand Tongues. Please feel free to sign in a few minutes early to listen or sing along with the recording. The lyrics are located down below under Hymn Lyrics.
Joining the Worship Service Information
- When you are ready to join, please click here to open up the Zoom conferencing platform.
- If you would prefer to simply call into the Webinar, please call US: +1 929 205 6099.
- If you call in, you will need to input the Webinar ID which is:944-3486-6685
- You can also join by the Zoom App. If you download the Zoom App on your phone, your can select Join a Meeting and then input the Webinar ID above. This will join you to the worship service.
- The bulletin can be found below.
Downloading / Joining Zoom Information
- If you do not have Zoom already installed on your computer, the link above will automatically prompt installation. Follow the prompts and the installation process should take no more than two minutes.
- If you are looking to join on your phone or tablet, please download the Zoom App from the App Store or Google Play.
- In order to join the meeting, you will be prompted to put in your name and email address. This is for Zoom registration purposes only (we are not collecting your information).
- After you input your email and name, you will be asked whether you want to join using computer or phone audio and video.
- Once you select computer or phone audio and video, you will join the worship service.
Below are a few notes that may be helpful for you to keep in mind for Sunday morning.
- We will be using Zoom Webinar for the worship service - while this means that we will not be able to see everyone's faces, it will give us, as a church, security and oversight during the service.
- When joining the Webinar, you will be automatically muted and your camera and chat features will be disabled.
- If you have any questions once you join, you can ask me in the Q&A feature. This will send questions directly to me and I will be able to help you individually. This can be accessed by clicking Q&A located in the black bar at the bottom of the screen.
- For those of you who would also like to avoid crowding around your laptop, you may want to plug your computer into your TV using an HDMI cord or by mirroring it to your TV (mirroring is typically used to project your phone to your TV wirelessly). This may be nice during the morning worship service.
- If you have questions prior to joining the meeting, please feel free to email the church at .
- Finally, as a reminder, if you need it, the webinar id is: 944-3486-6685.
Morning Worship April 19, 2020
- *Call to Worship: Psalm 124:8
Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
- Confession of Sin
Lord Jesus, I have sinned times without number, and been guilty of pride and unbelief, and of neglect to seek you in my daily life. My sins and shortcomings present me with a list of accusations, but I thank you that they will not stand against me, for all have been laid on Christ. Deliver me from every evil habit, every interest of former sins, everything that dims the brightness of your grace in me, everything that prevents me taking delight in you. Amen.
- Promise of Forgiveness: Colossians 2:13-15
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.
- Old Testament Reading: Psalm 139
O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
- Affirmation of Faith: Nicene Creed
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God,
begotten of his Father before all worlds;
God of God, Light of Light,
very God of very God;
begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;
by whom all things were made.
who, for us and for our salvation,
came down from heaven,
and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary,
and was made man;
and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried;
and the third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures;
and ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the
and he shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the
whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of Life;
who proceeds from the Father and the Son;
who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and
who spoke by the prophets;
and we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church;
we acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
and we look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
- Prayers for the Church and the World
- Sermon Text: John 14:15-24
15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.
- Preaching of the Word: Rev. Eric Huber
I Will Come to You
- *Hymn of Response # 332: Come, Holy Spirit, Heavenly Dove
- *Benediction: 2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
- O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing
O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer's praise
The glories of my God and King
The triumphs of His grace
My gracious Master and my God
Assist me to proclaim
To spread thru all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name
Jesus the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease
'Tis music in the sinner's ears
'Tis life and health and peace
He breaks the pow'r of canceled sin
He sets the pris'ner free
His blood can make the foulest clean
His blood availed for me
He speaks and, list’ning to his voice
New life the dead receive
The mournful, broken hears rejoice
The humble poor believe
Hear him, ye deaf, his praise, ye dumb
Your loosen’d tongues employ
Ye blind, behold your Savior come And leap, ye lame, for joy.
- Come, Holy Spirit, Heavenly Dove
Come, Holy Spirit, heav’nly Dove
with all your quick’ning powe’rs
kindle a flame of sacred love
in these cold hearts of ours
In vain we tune our formal songs
In vain we strive to rise
Hosannas languish on our tongues
And our devotion dies
And shall we then forever live
At this poor dying rate
Our love so faint so cold to you
And your to us so great.
Come Holy Spirit heav’nly Dove
With all your quick’ning pow’rs
Come shed abroad a Savior’s love
And that shall kindle ours.
- You can listen to the hymns by clicking on the link below.
- 164 O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- 529 Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
- Welcome: Thank you for joining with us today for morning worship. Please feel free to gather with us again this evening at 6pm for a time of congregational prayer. See our website for additional details.
- PCA 30 Days of Prayer Guide: https://byfaithonline.com/pca-invites-members-to-join-30-days-of-prayer/
- Home Fellowship Groups: These groups will continue to meet utilizing online platforms. For more information on the various group, please see the Church Life - Home Fellowship Group section of the website.
- Deacons: The deacons want to assure you that we are available to help with the ongoing physical needs of the congregation. These are days of deep concern for all of us especially with so much uncertainty surrounding issues of health and finances. Please feel free to call or email one of the deacons with any of your concerns. Grace and Peace, Dave Hudson, Nick Kirkland, Jay Signorino, Peter Stahl, Joshua Tyson
- Financial Update: We are all eager to meet together for worship but do not know when we will be able to do so. Please continue to support the financial needs of our church. You can do so by:
- Mailing checks to Christ the King Presbyterian Church 325 Fayette St. Conshohocken, PA 19428. Gifts for the deacons fund or building fund should be noted in them memo line.
- Give on line through the church’s web site: http://christthekingpca.org/resources/give-online/
Note that the online portal allows for a credit card or bank draft. The church incurs lower fees with the bank drafts. Gifts can be made to the general fund, deacons fund or building fund.
- Donate securities through the church’s brokerage account (contact church treasurer Dave Hudson if you need information on this process). As always, thank you for your generosity and faithfulness to Christ the King.